IAMHRF Annual Meeting 2023
On November 1-2, we held a long-anticipated, in-person meeting of IAMHRF members and partners. We were also joined by lived experience experts, leading researchers, journal editors, multilateral institutions, and advocacy organizations. Our goals were to foster networking and discuss some of the most tractable opportunities for increasing the impact of mental health research funding through collaboration.
The field has developed rapidly since we last met in 2019 and there was much to discuss. We explored the emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities in mental health research and shared best practices and ideas for collective action across the following areas:
- Mental health research and the Sustainable Development Goals
- What’s next for open science practices
- Devising new directions for our lived experience working group
- Exploring the most tractable opportunities for collaboration with other disciplines
- Developing a common narrative for mental health research
- Promoting equity in global health research
- Climate change and mental health
- Prevention and early intervention
- Digital mental health
The rich content from our discussions, break-out groups, and polls will feed into plans for our working groups and future activities.